My Scrapbook Room

My Scrapbook Room
Creativity Unleashed Here!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Prima Doll Stamps--Brings out the little Girl in Me!

I finished my Oct. Kids class "Banner Garland" this last weekend and being in the "Halloween" mood, I decided to move on to some of my "Prima Dolls" that I stamped while in Wichita last week.
 
Yup, with a cool glass of wine, beautiful weather, and a wonderful covered deck to work on, I was able to sit outside on the deck and get a lot of stamping (and a little coloring) done. 
 I could really do all my creating like this.  Hmmmm may need to design myself an outdoor  "studio".  Then again, in Wichita last week, the temps were in the 70-80's as opposed to the 100's + that we are having here today.  Ick.













So, this weekend after finishing up the Garland, I started coloring --and many of my creations had Halloween in mind!
Prima Dolls are meant to be used in mixed media projects, but I like to use them on the fronts of cards---BIG cards.  They have to be the fronts of the tall, narrow  (letter envelope ) size , or a big
6 x 8 or bigger size.  Above are some of my Halloween designs

And these are just "girl" fun.
One all of them, I added inking--and on the above I stamped, (Boo),(Spider and web), (black cat), added fine clear glitter to headband, and used a silver pen to highlight her outfit (waist and dots).

I used a stencil (tree) background and stickers.  All are colored with copics.

A sticker hat was put on this witches head! 
Fussy cutting, and a Bingo Card completed this card.

and Fussy Cutting and stickers were used on this one.

Love the little girl Prima's   so cute on any card in any colors.  So versatile!

Stickers, stamps and ink--a great combination.

and dressed up little witches are always a hit!

Prima's angel wings add an angelic look t all the Prima's.

These make adorable cards

Angels are in all our lives.

This was the one I used on a card I made our Paige when she ran for State Fair Queen!  Yup, she will always be our Queen.

This was a fun one to do.  I used an unusual stencil to stripe her dress.  It is one of the new Tim Holtz ones, just turned sideways.  Really Fun!

Great Teen-age card front

I added flowers with a stamp to this skirt.  Another fun effect.

and finished of with another angel.  On all the Angels, I applied the extra fine glitter to their wings,  Really brings out the angelic look.
 
I can't wait to color some more and to get these I've already done put on cards.  But then I also have some new Phyllis Harris and Angie Blom stamps, stamped and ready to go too. 
 
 WANTED:  2-3 more productive hours to add to my days---will pay top dollar!  LOL
Have a Great Day, Crafting Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment