My Scrapbook Room

My Scrapbook Room
Creativity Unleashed Here!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Tree Decorations--Homemade style!

Our assignment this week, in preparation for our Holiday open house that is fast approaching, is to make some decorations for a tree that will be going up.  I guess it's never to early to make decorations, but I really had to get some done for my Kids class first!  It had always been my intentions to have the kids make some decorations also, so it was just a matter of getting those done and then I could get down to business.
For the kids class, I was going to make 4 ornaments and have them put together a little box to hold them. However, after deciding it takes longer than I at first thought to "whip" these decorations out, we are now making 3 and a box.  This is only an hour class! 
 
This little guy is quite easy, and with some buttons and a little ice stickles he looks quite cute. 

This tree was really fun to make, It is a sizzix cut, chipboard covered with pretty paper, the covered with glittered modge-podge.  I then dipped the edges in modge-podge and then into diamond dust.  Added a little pop out heart and this turned into a really pretty decoration.  I made more for the MB tree that are shown below.
Spools are a Big item right now and we just got quite an assortment of them in.  They can be wrapped with ribbons, washi tapes, tinsils, papers and then embellished anyway you want.


This is the first assortment of "creatures" I made.  All of these use sizzix dies, except the scalloped circle behind the deer which is a punch.
These are some more of the trees--much prettier in "person" than in the pictures 
and this is a star that was a fleeting thought for the kids class---that was until I started glittering it!  This is NO Kids project!  I still have glitter from one end of my room to the other!  What a MESS!  No matter what they say, glittering styrofoam is NOT that easy!
Above is a close-up of another tree. and below is my collection of snowmen (with a wreath thrown in )  These little guys are all sizzix, too (except the ones like the kids are making). 
They just make me smile, because they have such happy little faces.  A little inking, a hat for some, scarves, buttons, snowflakes--all add to their cuteness, I think.

 These two little guys look like they just want to play with you!
 The tree should be a very happy tree with all these little smiles on it. 

But I'm not the only one creating for this tree, several of the other girls have made some amazing decorations for it.   I can't wait to see it all decorated--I think I want a tree just like it in my house this year!   Certainly will be one of the prettiest around!
So, I leave you with one last smile!   Here's hoping everyone in storm Sandys path including my son Troy (who was pulled to NY to await the storm as a High lineman and his co-workers who will probably have a very complex and dangerous job ahead of them) stay safe and sound!  May the guys return home quickly!    Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment