My Scrapbook Room

My Scrapbook Room
Creativity Unleashed Here!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Lots of Creative Activity in this Scrapbook Room Lately!

I can't believe it's Wednesday already!  But I guess I've been so buried in my room (I should have posted a  picture of THAT!) that I didn't realize I hadn't posted since Sunday.  My room is a DISASTER, but I have gotten a lot done.    You know how I said on Sunday I couldn't wait to do Aly's Color Run LOs ---well got them done and I really sort of like them.
I used paint dabbers to flick paint of all colors around the edges of the pages.  I left the white rim on all the pictures (I usually cut this off) and matted them all with black.  The die cut I got at MB was in black and white, so it went well with all the colors on the page.
I then punched out little circles in all the coors to sprinkle on the pages and other circles out of a paper I had that look like star bursts in different colors.
I ended up doing 4 pages since Aly had such great pictures.
and I added a slogan and a saying.  Since it was dubbed the "happiest Run in Town", I added that and I had a stamp that I love that says "Life is about using the whole box of crayons"  Seemed to fit perfectly in many ways.
 
Last week, actually, I also finished up several other LOs.  The next two are based on little stories Todd and Aly put on FB about the cute things the boys do or say.  This one is Aiden's .
and this one is about Nicholas's ordeal with the toothfairy!  They are the stories you just don't want to forget!
These were some pics that they had taken last Spring (when the snow was still on the ground).  I just thought they needed to be on a LO.  They're terrific pictures.
and this one is of Todd's award for  1st place in the State Sniper School.  So proud of him!
This week, I have been concentrating  on Countdown (or Advent) calendars.  We are going to have a whole display of them at the MB Holiday open house, so I have been trying to come up with some unique ones to display. Most of these I found on the internet (well, the idea anyway--I certainly never do them exactly like I find them).   This one is made of ribbons with little pockets (for the treats) down them.  Seemed like a simple enough idea, but looks are deceiving for sure!  I used a dowel (I think their's was on a hanger), and wrapped it with washy tape.  The ribbons are wrapped on this and hang down for the pockets.
I cut the little pockets 2-1/2" x 5" , folded them and sealed the edges with various washy tapes, then attached them to the ribbons with tacky tape.  Just try and get all those pockets lined up correctly! Each pocket has a number on it counting down to Christmas day (a slightly bigger pocket) I added a ribbon and some bells to the top to hang it by--one calendar DONE!
The second one above if a cute Santa face--great for the little ones.  I cut him out of a cricut design--Dress up paper dolls--and glued him to a Chipboard backed Cardstock.  We made a set of little 1" circles with numbers in them (thanks Kellie for whipping those out for me!),  I filled the beard with numbers--now the idea is to add a pom pom each day to the circles until the last one is added on Christmas day and Santa has his full beard.  I added a ribbon for hanging and #2 is Done!
The third one I have finished is a wood block one--made of 4 wood blocks, it is stacked in the form of a Christmas tree.  They are spray painted, have torn, inked papers added to the fronts,  words added, everything modge podged, a little snow writer added to the edges and stars on the top to count the days down.  Since it is stacked 4 high, I did glue the blocks together, for safety reasons, mostly.
I am working on 3 or 4 other countdown items.  A wreath, a cookie sheet, a tag one (uses American craft pocket tags), and another block one using chalkboard papers.  We'll see what creations come of each one of them----Countdowns are really a big item right now---count down to birthdays, weddings, special occasions--think I'll try a couple of those, too--after the holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Diana - Thanks for being so creative with the Advent calendars! I knew we could "count" on you! Can't wait to see them in person.
    Kellie

    ReplyDelete