My Scrapbook Room

My Scrapbook Room
Creativity Unleashed Here!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Inkadinkado stamping Gear Research

I was given a new product coming to Memory Bound in August to try out.  Well, so far with the limited parts of the set I have, I haven't accomplished much with it.  It is called the Inkadinkado Stamping Gear and it is a set of Gears with a stamping block that fits in the cogs to give a uniform design effect.  The trouble is, I only have the small beginner set--one tiny gear and 4 --not very  imaginative stamps, a 30 sec. video (YES, 30 whole seconds).  I have found minimal other short demos on u-tube to watch, but now it's just expierimentation and I do see lots of possiblilities--just wish I had some of their really neat stamp sets--like the sun one, the tree boughs, the number and letters one, etc.  and a bigger gear to work with.  
If nothing else, I have learned a few things NOT to do with them.  You are suppose to be able to use other cling stamps with them, BUT they have to be the thicker ones, I discovered.  Thin ones won't completely stamp, but my Delusion stamps and the Tim Holtz Stamps work well.
This is the initial "Big" set .  So wish I had it now!
These are 2 of the sets I wold really love to get and work with.  but you also need the big oval or round gears to really make them effective!
These 2 designs were made with the "gear" and stamp pad and Tim Holtz leaves (above) and my Delusions stamps, (below)
This was done with the beginning basic kit--not a lot of variety.
This is the letter, number set that I really like!
I'll just keep playing til I get it right---and til I can get some more "parts" to the set to Play with.

1 comment:

  1. Diana - Those are awesome! Love what you can do with the other stamps! Kellie

    ReplyDelete