My Scrapbook Room

My Scrapbook Room
Creativity Unleashed Here!

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Turkey Parts, Kids Style--Can it be Nov. already??

 
It seems like forever since I've written on my blog, but in looking back, I really had no completed projects to take pictures of and share.  Oh, I did complete my Circle cookbook that is the next big project for GNO, but I haven't taken pics of that yet.  I think I was just so relieved to have finished it, I just went to be that night and forgot. 
Then, on Thursday, Danny and I went to the Clay Co. Fair--was suppose to go with my brother Tom and sis in law, Betsey, but something came up at the last minute and they weren't able to make it.  Bah, Hum Bug!  So we went alone, had a great day, lots to see (and a few things to buy), but I took only 5 -6 pics!  What kind of a scrapbooker is that!  I guess, I have taken so many pics in years past and it all looked pretty much the same, that I just spent the day (almost allergy free, I might add because of the big rains the day and night before) just wondering around enjoying the sights and sounds and smells and tastes of the fair. 
And then Yesterday (Friday)  I spent another whole day finishing up my Expression 2 class notes and projects for my upcoming class in Nov.---Not anything to photograph there either, but a lot of writing and typing and verifying steps on the Expression 2 and rewriting and well, you get the idea.  It is now all neatly in a notebook--the worst part of formulating any class is putting it all together the first time.  Now I can teach it whenever and maybe only have to revamp a project here and there!
 
Today, I concentrated on my Nov. kids class.  A wreath of some sort was my objective, and I have been trying to come up with something that would be appealing to the kids and fun to make.
The problem with the kids in my classes are, they don't want to make "little kid" things.  They want projects like the adults do with all the techniques adults do.  So I have to meet somewhere in the middle--something they understand with challenge and techniques built in.  So here goes-----
We'll start with flowers  cut at 4 sizes from 1 1/2" to 2 1/2"
Then bring out the spritz's  --Angel mists or perfect pearl mists
and then the turkey parts--no giblets allowed--  I always try and make a cute die cut to use in their projects and being it's Nov., I chose a Turkey from Create a Critter.  He had quite a few PARTS, as you can see.  So I started putting them all together.
I bet this little gobbler is wondering about all his buddies lying around
But alas, all the parts fell into place, and with a little detail doodling, they looked quite cute--well almost cute----
Along came my little chatterbox, Callie Jane to spend the afternoon and help me out in any way she could. She offered a child's eye view of the project and a few very intelligent ideas which I took to heart.  Callie is quite a little artistic creator in her own right, so I do take her comments seriously.
The two of us decided the turkeys really needed wiggle eyes, so she helped put them on every one of those turkeys.
They did look really fun and she said she was sure the kids would like them.
When we got the wreath all put together, it looked like this and we were both really pleased with the results.  Since Callie is 8 and gave it a thumbs up, I'm sure the kids in my class will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment