My Scrapbook Room

My Scrapbook Room
Creativity Unleashed Here!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

A GNO Junking trek !

Having a terrible time today getting my pictures to upload into my blog, But I did get a few.  Yesterday our Girls Night Out group had a junking day that several of us went on.  We went to
Gilbert, Iowa where JB Knackers is and another litle gift type shop and ended in Story City where there are several other "junk" stores, and an antique mall!  We had lunch in Story City as well.
These Pictures were taken at JB Knackers in Gilbert where we collected quite a few "treasures" amongst us.  I got a couple of things here.
I got a little stool that I want to redo for my SB room.  It's a little metal stool, show below a couple of pictures.  Right below is a picture of the little gift shop we visited.
As you can see my little stool needs a lot of clean-up work---which my husband has already done for me!  What a guy!  He's been into refinishing old cupboards for his shop lately and although they are in John Deere Green, they look better than most of my house cupboards! So he got it all sanded of and it is ready for me to redo.  I'm am hoping to do it in some sort of colored stain for metal (like a TH alcohol stain in a commercial type).  We'll see what I find.
The rest of my pictures just plain failed to Upload!  So I will save my "at home " projects for another blog update.  Maybe if I reboot everything, I will have better luck.  It's NEVER been this slow!  
HAVE A CRAFTY WEEK EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment