My Scrapbook Room

My Scrapbook Room
Creativity Unleashed Here!

Monday, September 3, 2012

A Very Quiet Labor Day, My "Teddy Bears Find a Purpose"

Every day is a Holiday when you're retired, so today was nothing but another Holiday.  We had no special plans--just hang out at home.  It started off by discovering that our icemaker was not making ice.  After pulling the fridge out of it's very tight spot, we discovered the water tube into the icemaker was frozen up, an easy fix for sure, thank heavens!  But as any minor project goes, you have  10 other  things to do before it's done--so we cleaned and scrubbed the floor under the fridge, and of course vacuumed out the bottom of the fridge.  At any rate, that was a job done that needed done anyway.  The rest of the day was spent in  my SB room workng on my Teddy Bears.  Remade a few of them smaller to fit on cards better.  Got all my washy tape and Halloween glitter tape out to work with.  Such pretty colors.  I really love all the different ones out there.
The first card I put together was my little witch one below.  I sprayed a piece of acetate with perfect pearls,  green apple (I think) and it was dry and ready to use on my card.  I "hooked" it onto the card front with glitter tape around all the edges.  You can't tell, but the card base is purple and it looks really cute with the lime green spray over it.
 
She's on wobbles of course, so there's movement to the card.  and the inside is shown below.
The next one I finished was my little pumpkin guy.  He too, has a piece of acetate behind him sprayed with pumpkin spice angel glitter mist and mandarin orange perfect pearls.  He has a lime green card base,  really pops the orange.  and I used one of the Halloween Washy Tapes to apply it to the front of the card.
Still haven't finished the insides of the above card or the next one, but the fronts are done.  The next one is a Thanksgiving card with the cute little turkey on it.  I didn't wobble him--he was so heavy with all his feather layers.  He is pop dotted up tho.
The little guy below is not finished either, but he is on wobbles as he "flys" through the air!
 
And this last one is my favorite and I will be making another one like it for my Grandson, Nicholas, I'm sure for his Birthday next month.  The little guy is not on a wobble, but the water bubble with the bobber is and it is connected to the pole with real string, so it all wobbles just like a fish is on the end of it.  and this is the inside of the fish card.  I have 6 or 7 more started in various stages.  Maybe tomorrow, I will get them done.

Thanks for stopping by my blog sight.  Hope you enjoyed it and maybe even got an idea or two.  Hope your Labor day was a day of REST and Fun!

1 comment: