My Scrapbook Room

My Scrapbook Room
Creativity Unleashed Here!

Saturday, September 29, 2012

OK, This is close enough to Fall for Me!

This Morning as I was Driving to Ankeny to work, I was marveling at how beautiful the trees had gotten in the last few days.  We own some farm ground on either side of highway 330 near the Harvester golf course and the trees lining the creek along one edge of our property were absolutely beautiful in morning sunlight.  So I vowed when I came home tonight, I was going to pull up into what use to be my mother and father-in-laws property at the top of a very high hill just off  the highway overlooking our ground and get some pictures.
The sunlight, of course, was starting to go down, as it was approaching 6:15 pm or so, but the view from the top of the hill was as amazing as I had always remembered.  You can see 100 miles (or so it feels) and it is so calm and peaceful and absolutely one of God's most perfect places to view his earth!  I took several pictures, but vow to go back in the morning and get a few more when the morning sun is reflecting just right off this beautiful landscape!
From a top the "mountain" you can see the full sculptured landscape and that in itself, is breath taking!
This is indeed one of the prettiest falls I can remember around here and they are predicting the colors may last as long as the end of October!   WOW!
and as beautiful as the outdoor landscape is becoming,  I did get another big project done yesterday.  My little Grandsons, Aiden and Nicholas wanted their names up in their room and I told them I would make them for them.  Aiden said he wanted a "train" theme---(He's our little Engineer want-to-be) and Nicholas wanted---yup, you guessed it--- a Fishing theme!




 


 
Did I say how much I love Hobby Lobby's own "CHIP DECOR" cricut cartridge--You just buy any of their chipboard 8" or smaller letters or their chipboard words and this cart cuts the papers to match!  No more "tracing" each letter out on your paper and "fussy cutting" them and then dealing with the uneven edges!  Yes, I LOVE this cartridge!  At any rate, a couple of coats of  modge-podge and a lot of embellishments later and they are done except for the hangers on the back.  Need to see how and where they are going up before finishing  that part.
As far as papers , I used a Moxey fishing line for Nicholas' and a Reminise line  for Aidens.  I hope they like them.  Nicholas's is so long I just hope he can find wall space!  Boy, Have you seen his walls!!!!!!  It will be a challenge for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment