My Scrapbook Room

My Scrapbook Room
Creativity Unleashed Here!

Monday, October 1, 2012

No Urgent Deadlines, A few days off --Ohhh, What can I Play with!

 
Seems like today, with nothing in paticular to accomplish, turned into a pretty productive  day of sorts.  I thought about tying up some loose ends, but on whim, I decided the girls really needed baths---so that's how my day started.  They got baths and with that came a whole bathroom scrubdown and cleaning!  You know how one thing leads to another.  But the girls are squeaky clean and smell so good.  Here's Ella "posing" with her bone.  She's such a ham--all I have to do is say "Sit, I'll take your picture and there she is.  She always looks like a big headed dog with tiny feet---but it's just the angle I got her at--she's actually a full size lab with long legs and a wagging tail!
Lily, on the other hand, does not pose for pictures--when she sees a camera, she goes the other way.  But I did catch this picture of her--all fluffy and clean.  She has a lot more and longer hair than Ella, so when she gets a bath she totally fluffs out.
After that little escapade, I decided to hit the SB room--I worked one the boys name hangings again.
I decide to put them on some reclaimed boards--and luckily, Danny had just torn an old hay rack apart and had the perfect pieces of wood!  So we cleaned them up and I sprayed them with a clear polyurethane product and am starting to get everything mounted.  I made a couple of little RR crossing signs for Aidens-----
and I am going to get some real hooks, sinkers, etc. and string on Nicholas's somehow.  Need to do that tomorrow  and figure out how to Glue the letters on the boards.  Shouldn't be to hard.  They really look awesome, but they are huge!
The other little "FUN" project I worked on Yesterday and finished up this morning was this 12 x 12 mixed media Turkey wall hanging.  I got the free instruction sheet at JoAnns the other day--it said it was a paper pieced project that takes 1-2 hours to complete.  Of course, the only part I really used was the paper piecing patterns. and the layout style.
I gesso'd, inked, stamped and embellished and came up with a very original hanging.  I like it a lot.
The rest of today so far was spent pulling my Kids class together, writing instructions, cutting out die cuts, etc.  and then I worked some more on a GNO challenge we are doing--decorating clear containers for different occasions.  Seemed simple enough at first---but now, not so sure!  We'll see.  At least I have my cook book ready to go, I think.
Tomorrow---maybe finish those boxes and the boys name signs--and then off to Todd and Aly's for a chili supper.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment