My Scrapbook Room

My Scrapbook Room
Creativity Unleashed Here!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Washy Tape, Jute Binding, Cricut Work., One Little Card!

It's been a play day here on the ranch.  After a terrific Kids class yesterday and GNO last night I just figured today would be a play day.  Now, originally, I wanted it to be a day of making cards, but that just didn't seem to be in the ultimate scheme of things.  Yesterday, I had bought a couple of little pumpkins that I have been wanting to try the "washy tape" decorating on. Today, I combined washy tape, glitter tape and glitter paper curls to decorate the little guys.  I think they turned out quite nicely.  Kind of a fun craft.  Can be done on real pumpkins too!

On this one I punched out little turkeys from the new punch we got in at the store.  I can see him on cards, too.
Then I played with my GNO circle journal, which just came back to their original creator last night after several months of "circling around" to each of us for our input.

Above is the cover of mine and below part of my first page.  I spent a good part of my morning trying to figure out how to bind it together, as it had become very chunky with all the embellishments, and the original spiral that was to bind it in no way was going to fit.  I finally ended up binding it with green jute which took awhile, but ended up working pretty well.
These are  some of the other girls pages in my journal.  It is so fun to see all their creativity and the notes they left for me to read.  I can't wait to see them all together  in a display that we are having at the store.  They were all so awesome!

Each person has such different techniques--they are all so beautiful.

Soon, GNO will be starting recipe circle journals-can't wait to start designing mine.
 
This afternoon, I worked on my Oct. kids project.  It will end up being mixed media--after all, what kid doesn't love to paint and ink and emboss and glitter.  This will be a little picture for halloween, using lots of techniques.  Today, I did a lot of the Cricut work, now to just put it all together.  Hope it turns out like I imagined.
and that brings me back to cards--that was my goal today, and I only managed to finish up one that I started yesterday.  Tomorrow's goal is more cards, cuz Thursday it's off to the fair to celebrate my birthday with some of my besties--even in retirement, I need more hours in the day--yup, just a few more hours please!

1 comment:

  1. Great projects, Diana! Love the pumpkins and hope to see them in person sometime! The kids will love your October project. I'm sure it's gong to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete