My Scrapbook Room

My Scrapbook Room
Creativity Unleashed Here!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Spent some time "Just Messin' Around" today

Today was a gorgeous, beautiful day outside ---was torn between being out with the girls or playing in my SB room.  For starters, I put the finishing "copper" paint coat on my little stool.   Now I have to decide how I want to add the Patina to it.  I know I want a Turquois color, have been experiementing on some painted boards with various paints and stains--but no luck yet having it look like I invision it.  Will continue to work on it.
In my SB room, I played with a variety of projects I have seen on blogs I follow.  This one is sort of fun.  Witches "legs" filled with p-nut m and m's, witches boots cut from a cricut cart with a circle folded on the top and stapled onto the legs. 
Put this junk binder together  with a book I got last weekend while junking.  Used the cover for the kids "sky diving" book--if the weather ever co-operates so they can jump.  At least I'm partly ready.
I haven't done any of the inking or stamping.  Still have a lot to do on it, but the "bones" of it are started.
These are a couple of the pages inside  of it.
And last, today, I worked on these little 4 x 4 gift boxes.
They are made from square coasters, sprayed with dylusions sprays or pearl mists, then stamped with Taylored expressions stamps, colored with copics--------
then five holes are punched in each side and they are laced together with ribbons.
A separate coaster fits snuggly in the bottom (with a little glue to be sure it stays)  and waalaa, you have a cute little box to fill with a bag of candy or other small gift.  Add a little co-ordinating tissue around the gift and your little box is complete!
Oh, and I just spritzed the inside of the boxes with the spray mist also for color.  That's how my day went--about ready to take the girls out one more time and call it a day.  Tomorrow--????--not sure--  need to straighten my room and go and find some tiny rubber feet for my little stool and maybe some more outdoor time.  Happy crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment