My Scrapbook Room

My Scrapbook Room
Creativity Unleashed Here!

Monday, December 2, 2013

It's all about Hannah Grace!


It has been a busy couple of weeks around this craft room (and spreading to the dining room table) while my 11 yr. old Grand daughter, Hannah Grace tries to keep up with orders of her newly launched business, Hannah Grace Creations!     Hannah recently received a cricut expression compliments of yours truly.  This girl can create anything on a cricut and her little one was just not doing the trick!  She used my big one every chance she got, so I knew it was a good investment!
Boy, was I right!  She immediately began making things for teachers and classmates--for FREE and had orders coming from everywhere.  I finally told her she should start charging a little bit so she could at least buy more supplies (and stop using all of Grandma's stash!)   and so she started her business--Hannah Grace Creations!
 
                                                                                  
She started off with simple die cuts, holly and reindeer.  She called to tell me and I told her if she brought them out, we could bling them up some and I would show her how to package them to sell.    The rest is history.  People started asking about cards and "how could they use their holly?"   and so the idea of gift bags came up.
Hannah is quite a designer in her own right and very talented!  She belongs to several "TAG" programs as in Talented and Gifted and generally works at a high school to college level in school.  She is probably not  your average 11 year old and is very able to develop her visions and carry them out with very little help.  (and of course she has certain creative genes I'm sure--hehe).  She flew with the idea of designing cards and bags and tags.  This card is one she designed (There are more of this design above).  She has a great eye for colors and right off the bat, had to learn to stamp and heat emboss!  Now she insists that all her stamped images are "heat embossed" because "it just looks better!  Oh, she is soooooo me!  I have to heat emboss anything I stamp, too!  She already has Copic Markers and coloring down to color any images she does.
 
 
                    
She has spent many hours designing all her own tags, cards and bags.  Once she designs them, she cuts out all the pieces and then brings them to the "glue" line as we have named it to be glued together by her sister, mom or me.  And may I add, we DON'T DARE change anything without her input.

And go figure--where does Hannah Go for details after she thinks of a possible design???   Well, Pinterest, of course!!  I didn't teach her that one, I think her sister did!

Some of her reindeer cards (I did
find this one somewhere on line and she really liked it)




The snowman was another easy
one for her to develop.  She was delighted to discover Martha
Stewart's "fringe" scissors to cut the ends of their scarves. LOL






Once she had the santa bags (in large and small
sizes down, her little brain began racing and she came up with an elf bag!
 


And this one was totally designed by Hannah and cut out on her cricut.  It sold right away!  She cut it out and measured and re-measured several times on scrap paper before getting just like she wanted it!  Oh, she has also discovered distress inking and has had some pretty awesome outcomes--the moon here, snowman noses, tags, you name it --she'll ink it.   My craft room will never be the same, and Hannah--she also has a part of a room as her craft area--.  I can see it growing by leaps and bounds!                   She has crossed her $100.00 in earnings mark and we're finding it hard to keep her stash built up!   She has spent many hours over this holiday building up inventory  and she went out selling, too!  She was able to get a small boutique in our near by city to carry her creations!  I think the "glue station" is going to have to pick up the pace!  She's developing Valentine items!
 
 
 
 
 
                                                                                                                                   
And last night another milestone for Hannah  (I told you this was all about Hannah).  Her 4-H club had their "Christmas party/Induction of officers" meeting. and Hannah was inducted in as Club Historian!  (Gee, I wonder how that happened!)



That's her on the left lighting her
candle and saying her oath.  (That she shall scrapbook the
happenings of the 4-H Club).    and her business--well, that can
be used as one of her 4-H projects this year.  She is keeping
records all the way, so it will be a huge learning experience!



So this has been pretty much our
life thru this holiday--Yes we had
the traditional turkey dinner, thanks to my daughter, yesterday!
 And a quick update on our little rascal, Dakota.  He has settled in (to the house, pretty much).   He still has "time-out" once in awhile for "Christmas tree climbing"!  But over all, he really minds very well and has taken over our lives (with toys and litter boxes, etc.), as well as our hearts!  Yes, even my husband has caved.
 HAPPY CRAFTING TO ALL!  TIME TO FINISH UP THOSE CHRISTMAS CRAFTS!

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Diana! I enjoyed seeing pics of Hannah's beautiful creations! Best of luck to her with the new business. I know you are having as much fun as she is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to bring samples to Memory Bound so we can place an order? She does amazing things!!!
    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete